CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Day 25 — A favourite photo

My pregnancy with Gavin was very rough. My due date was January 27th, but I had a cesarean scheduled for January 14th.  From almost half way thru the pregnancy, I was in excrutiating pain. I ended up going on disability because I could no longer work.  On December 22nd, I ended up in emerg. The pain was unbearable.  Every time I stood to go to the washroom, there was as searing pain and a stabbing sensation. I told the doctors I thought it was a bladder infection. They prescribed antibiotics and sent me home. The next day, the pain was even worse so I returned to the hospital. They did an ultrasound and discovered that my uterus was thinning and was in danger or tearing open. Gavin and my life was in danger. So although five weeks early, I had an unexpected csection on December 23rd.

Gavin was not ready to be born so early. He would spend almost a month in the hospital.  CHEO ran every test imaginable on him to find out why his heart and breathing rates were so irregular. They not only did not figure it out, but he continued to stay the same without improvement. There were days when I wasn't sure what was wrong or if I would ever bring him home.

This picture is Gavin, 27 days old.  After spending almost a month in the NICU, this is the first picture of Gavin in a regular room in the hospital. This is a picture of Gavin the day that I got to bring him home. He looks so relaxed and comfortable in this picture. He slept like an angel while he was in the hospital that day. He was finally ready to go home and this Momma couldn't have been happier. This is one of my absolute favourite shots and moments of Gavin's life. It was January 18th, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment