CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 23 June 2011

I AM CANADIAN!

Bonjour!!!  I hope you're all having a fantastic week so far! Welcome to the Great Canadian Blog Bash!  My name is Nancy and I'll be your host for this post.  Ha!  We're having a party and everyone is invited!!







I was born in London, Ontario.  I have lived in Canada all my life (obviously) and I love this place!  I currently live in Barrhaven, a subdivision of Ottawa.  Living in Canada's capital is spectacularly fun!  All those awesome pictures you see of Ottawa, I've been to!  During my 20's, I lived downtown and enjoyed the Byward Market as often as I could!
Byward Market

Parliament
Although I've lived in Ottawa for almost 17 years, I only visited the Parliament buildings this past year. My husband took me there for our 5 year wedding anniversary and it was pretty cool.  I love walking around the Parliament grounds because they are so beautiful. Behind the mail building is a huge winding staircase that leads down to the Rideau River.  So stunning to see!

 
This is a picture of the Rideau Canal,  the world's largest skating rink. It's over 7km long and I've skated it a few times.  Fun Fact: The actual skating surface is comparable to more than 105 National Hockey League rinks, or more than 90 Olympic-sized hockey rinks!!

 Yes, it's cold here in the winters. Sometimes it's as low as -40C. But you dress warmly and you survive! The summers are warm and sunny and beautiful! The weather is always something to talk about at least!


 
My mother was born in Holland and came to Canada when she was a toddler.  I, however, was made in Canada!!


 
I'm a huge hockey fan, and my favourite team is obviously The Ottawa Senators.

 

 
This is me and a fellow Canadian, Mike Fisher. He was an Ottawa Senator!

 

 
Well, that's all I got for tonight!  I hope you're weekend is fabulous! And I hope you're just loving this Great Canadian Blog Bash!!!! I plan to spend my weekend in my backyard under my new gazebo....

 

We got this new gazebo a few weeks ago. Speaking of crazy Canadian weather, we endured a crazy wind storm in May and it tore apart our first gazebo so we had to replace it! But here is a new one and this is where I plan to be all weekend long!  Enjoy Yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment