CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 18 What you like best about each member of your family

I know, I know. It has been so long since I was here.  I have no excuses.  My husband has been working so I've been home alone with kids and they've been quite the handful. By the time they are in bed, I'm done for the day! Today, the hubs is sick. So although the boys are in daycare and I would normally spend my time paroooosing the blog world, instead I am watching movies and keeping him company.  It's not nearly as exciting as I'm making it out to be, trust me.

So, let's move on to something more interesting; ME!  Today's day #18 of our 30 day challenge.  It has been several days since I came in here and updated our fun little adventure, hasn't it?  It was interrupted by the Great Canadian Blog Bash, as well. It's fun to be part of a bash made up entirely of Canadians, want to know why?  Because it means I can join all the giveaways and know for sure that they include Canadians! Yup, that about sums it up right there.

Day 18 is What I like best about each family member.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to just be my immediate family or not, but I'm gonna just gonna gush on and on about my wonderful boys and husband, and let that be that. I hope that's ok with you.

First, let's talk about my first born, Isaac.  I love his laugh. I love the way he tells me KnockKnock jokes that aren't even funny. I love that he goes to bed with almost no fuss as the tender age of 5. I love that he requires "Mommy" time before bed. If I'm not here when he goes to bed, he has been known to stay awake until I get home so that he can have his much needed time with his Momma. I love that he loves to be smothered in kisses and yet hates to be cuddled. I love his independence.  I love that his hair gets curly if it gets too long and I love his beautiful blue eyes. I was told when he was born that he would probably lose the blue but he never did.  I love him for all his goofiness.



Second, let's talk about my second; sweet, sweet Gavin.  Gavin spent 27 days in the NICU after he was born. Doctors had no idea why his heart rate and breathing were so irregular, why he slept constantly instead of eating, why he wouldn't get better. There were days when I wasn't sure he would come home at all.  The first thing I love most about Gavin is that he one day grew strong enough to come home.  And from that day forward he has grown stronger and stronger.  I love his fiestiness. The way he never backs down from a challenge. I love that he's still so tiny for his age and I love that he likes to cuddle with Mommy when he's tired. I love that he will eat anything, try everything at least once. I love that he loves the same food as I do.  I love that he asks me constantly to go to school even though he's only 3. I love that he is shy around strangers and yet the most talkative thing at home. I love that he is so athletic. He can swing a hockey stick or kick a soccer ball with such precision. I love that he did lose his beautiful blue eyes and instead has grey eyes that change, just like his Mom! My wee little man! 


Lastly, my sweet Hubby, Kirk. I will call him Kirkalicious! We've known each other for a decade and a half.  We met at work and were friends forever before we started dating.  We've been married for six years now, celebrating our anniversary on June 4th.  I love him because he takes care of me. I love that he is light hearted. I love that he is loyal to a fault. He is a great father. I love that he can do whatever he wants with the kids and nothing scares him. I would never dare attempt to take the kids shopping at Wallymart by myself, but Kirk will do this a dozen times a week. I love that Kirk worries so much about them. I love that he loves to do things with them even when I'm too tired.  I love that he loves me even when I'm grumpy! 



And that's it my friends!  Those are people in my immediate family and SOME of the reasons that I love them so dearly! Don't get me wrong. They can be a handful at times! LOL. Having a 3 & 5 year old can be a pain in the butt sometimes, especially when hubs is acting like one himself! You know what I'm talking about!! LOL. But this family is fabulous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment