CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 17 March 2011

Travels Around Ottawa

I've lived in Ottawa (or surrounding area) since I was 15.  I love it here. My husband and I moved to Barrhaven 5 years ago and I sometimes I believe I will never leave.  It is just so beautiful here.  I've even had a look at surrounding cemeteries so I have an idea of where I will be buried when I die. Yah, that's permanent! 

Since I love it here so much, I thought I'd add some pictures and let you have a look at some of the stunning places around this spectacular city.

My first born at the pumpkin patch



If you walk around downtown Ottawa you will find some spectacular gems that are hidden around the Parliament buildings.  If you can imagine, I have lived in Ottawa most of my life and only visited Parliament for the first time this past year.  Ridiculous.



These two pics are from Fletcher Park, which is across from the Experimental Farm on Prince of Whales.  I forget the month, but every spring is Apple Blossom time and the park is a stunning place to visit!

Gavin and I at Fletcher Park





This picture isn't exactly in Ottawa. It's in Calabogie, which is a 40 minute drive away. Friends of ours got married here and I just love this picture! I am pregnant with Isaac in this one and the background is stunning.


We discovered a fair!!!  The Carp Fair, every fall.





Gatineau Park

Gatineau Park is also about 45 minutes away, but a beautiful place to visit, especially in the fall!!


Pink Lake, Gatineau Park


Lauriault Trail



Kirk and I got engaged in 2004 and married in 2005.  This is a pic of me on the Rideau Canal, the worlds largest skating rink!  This is the exact spot that Kirk proposed to me and it's a beautiful place to visit in the winter and in the summer.

Isaac's first time on the canal





Every July is strawberry season here in Barrhaven. It's about two-three weeks of bliss around this household. My boys are strawberry fiends! They'll eat a basket full each on the car ride home from the strawberry fields if you let them!! This is a pic of the most perfect strawberry picked at the Shouldice Farms, which is our favourite place to get strawberries (and lots of other fresh fruits and vegetables).




This is Stonebridge Golf course, close to Barrhaven. Kirk's cousin got married here and it was a beautiful wedding at a spectacular location.


Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour!  Maybe once a month or so I'll come back on here and show you some more pictures of this fabulous town!! In and around Barrhaven and Kanata are some beautiful pathways that I will share with you next time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment