CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday 20 March 2011

My own Happiness Project

I have found the solution to my own happiness!!  Ok, maybe it isn't a perfect solution, but it sure does help. Do you want to know what I've done??  In January, my (soon to be) sister in law, Caitie, suggested I read the Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I am a ferocious reader and read the book quickly. In the book, Gretchen chronicles how she spent an entire year doing all the things she thought would would make her happier. Every month she focused on  a different aspect of her life and made resolutions to follow thru with that month.  I'm not saying doing this will change your life completely. But why not give it a try?? What harm can it do to try and make yourself a little bit happier??

After reading the Happiness Project I decided to modify her project and make it my own. Instead of changing the resolutions every month, I picked a few resolutions to keep every day of the year. Some weeks I do great, and sometimes I fail miserably. But I definitely think posting my resolutions for all to see has really made a difference in my life. Why not try this for yourself!! 

Go on, check it out: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/the-happiness-project-book.html#buy_book

One of the greatest things I learned from this book was one of her 12 commandments, which was to "Be Gretchen" or be yourself.  This is something that I have struggled with and her chapter on being herself and learning to accept herself as she is was very inspiring. I hope it will inspire you as well.

And luck of all lucks, the book is now available in paperback so you won't have to spend 30 bucks on it like I did!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment