CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER AND WORDPRESS DESIGNS, BANNERS, BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 25 August 2011

Night times are the worst....

I'm currently weaning off Cymbalta. I was taking 120mgs every morning and as of this morning, I am now taking 30mgs.  You wanna know the funniest thing? I didn't do any research about possible side effects of weaning until just now. Mostly I didn't want to know what was coming. When I spoke to the doc about weaning, he said mostly it would be fine. He said I might experience a few minor side effects, but as long as I came off slowly, I should be fine.  So I took 60mgs for a week and now have cut it in half again and will stay here for a full week.

What am I feeling so far? Nausea. A whole lot of nausea. I had no idea what a "brain zap" was until today. It's like a headache that hits you like lightening and then disappears.  Over and over and over again.  And then the nausea again! Ugh!! And some serious GI issues that you probably don't want to hear about.  And then some more nausea. 

My two boys were fairly good to me today. I took them to the park for a few hours so they'd be good and tired at bedtime.  It worked fairly well.  One of the side effects right now that drives me a little bananas is this constant feeling of nervousness.  But it's only bad at night. During the day I seem alright. But at night, ooooh boy!  The boys freak me out a bit when they try and climb all over me.  It's like I'm freaking out but I don't know why.  Does that make any sense?

I told you I was gonna come in here and rant a little bit while I was doing this weaning thing! Who knew there would be weaning in my life after my babies!!!  But here I am....weaning!!

Did I mention the nausea?

No comments:

Post a Comment