Holy Crap, I missed a day!! I know, I know. Punishable by flogging! I have a really great excuse though. Wanna hear it???
On December 6th, 2009 a wonderful woman named Donna Jones was tragically lost to us, stolen by her abusive husband. In her memory, a group of her friends, family and co workers got together and had a wee fundraiser in her honor. Last night was the big night. We all gathered at Absolute Comedy and had a wonderful evening of laughter, memories and of course, money!!! I am so proud of the woman (and a few hubbys) who pulled together and organized this wonderful event. And the greatest news? We raised $6089!!! All the proceeds are being donated to Nelson House, a woman's shelter here in Ottawa. I'm welling up with happy tears at how well our 1st fundraising event went and hope & pray we can do it all again next year!
So, while we're on such a happy topic, I thought we'd continue on with our YOU challenge.
1. In keeping with the above blessing, I want us to celebrate our wonderful contribution last night to Nelson House. I want each and every person who donated money to this great cause to have a sense of peace and happiness today! And although losing Donna has been extremely hard, I hope that we can all take a bit of comfort knowing we are now helping dozens of other women get out before it's too late.
2. I want a Coach purse!!! LOL
3. I want my children to know love and happiness all thier lives. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I want them to know right from wrong, love from sadness and to realize how special they are to me!
4. I want to lose some freakin' weight!!! At my heaviest, I now weigh 215lbs!! And although I think I make chubby look cute, I'm sick of it!!! I want/need the strength to get up off my chubby butt and do the things that are necessary. To make the positive changes I need to make! I want to exercise more!!! I want to go to the gym (with my friend Shelley) and kick some serious butt!!!
5. I want (please, please, please) to go at least one full year without attending another funeral. I've been to like 12 funerals in the last 3.5years and I'm kinda getting tired of wearing all this black, shedding all these tears and greiving all this loss! Just one year!!!
6. I want all new towels! I know it's simple, but if I had to think of one brand new thing I want for this house right away, it would be new towels! Fresh smelling, clean, PINK towels! Ok, ok, they don't have to be pink. But NEW, definitely new!!
7. I want world peace. Is that too damn much to ask. Actually what I really want is for every person to treat others the way they want to be treated. I want every country to take care of itself with respect and love for everyone. Cheese and sprinkles, can we get some sanity around here!
(that's right, I said Cheese and sprinkles!!)